Kolkata Bloggers

Friday 24 April 2015

My Extra Marital Affair



And this is where I reveal it all.. So prepare to be scandalized as you read on. Early on in my childhood, I had a severe crush on Bharata Natyam. My parents indulged my crush and actively encouraged me to pursue Bharata, sometimes even allowing me to neglect my studies. Bharata was such a possessive boyfriend in my teenage years that I had no other romantic entanglements during that period from teenage to early twenties. Bharata grew from being a crush to becoming a passion and then a lifelong obsession. The sharp edge of the feeling has dulled but always in the back of my mind, is the presence of my first love.
Life never works out the way you plan it – or at least not for everyone. So despite Bharata being my one and only true love, I took the practical decision of getting married to Corporate Job. Arranged marriages often end up being more lovey-dovey than love marriages. God graced me with this blessing. There was that period of awkwardness when I still had Bharata too much on my mind, but Corporate Job was pretty patient. He never gave up. He cared for me and my mother and fulfilled all my dreams of travelling abroad, being financially secure, owning assets and so on. How could I not love such a guy? We settled into a staid marriage and I thought he was my partner for life.
Fate was laughing at me, I am sure. For who would have thought, dull boring Indrani would ever indulge in an extra marital affair while being a respectable married woman? And this time the guy had a human persona – Best Husband and Friend. Would wonders ever cease? I met him and forgot that I was a loyal wife to Corporate Job. We rushed into a whirlwind affair and then as is the case with love mutually felt, we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Therein lay the dilemma. Corporate Job did not merit this desertion. My wild fling wanted me to be a full time partner. How would I ever choose? I took the easy way out. I continued in my marriage while spending every free moment with my guy. And today I have to admit, that my first and only priority is my guy. Corporate Job is something that is slowly losing importance with me, and spending time with BHF is all I think about! What will happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment